This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Confirming a new MO immediately updates the forecasted component product quantities in inventory. When the MO is marked as done, the stock move is completed  and the quantity on hand is updated to the amount of the forecasted quantity during the MO.

This seems to make sense in a simple MRP environment. However, in a multi-step production process that may take several weeks/months, it would be necessary to have accurate quantity of inventory on hand for our BOM components. While the final product is not complete until the very end when "marked as done," the component materials may have been fully consumed in their respective operations. 

With the Odoo double entry inventory system, I assume in a default Odoo environment my BOM components move from physical location/stock to virtual locations/production when the MO is created. In this situation, I can see the product moves status as available but not done. The forecast is correct but since the move hasn't been completed, the quantity on hand is still unaffected. I want to have all BOM products immediately move (where the stock move is complete) to production once the MO is confirmed. When the MO is marked as complete then the finished good should increase the physical stock location and decrease the virtual production location.

Do I need to create an intermediate transfer location (Work in Process) for materials that are picked for the manufacturing process? I'm not sure how this should be set up with the material flow in Odoo in order to accomplish what I am intending.

Discard

Hi Craig,

Did you get an answer/solution for this?

Regards,

Bijal

Author Best Answer

Using an answer as an update to my question since I can't paste a screenshot as a comment.

This illustrates my issue. See below image. 

With my current setup all 3 of these stock moves (there are 3 double-inventory transactions) take place once the MO is marked as complete. I would like the first 2 inventory moves (the consumption of materials) to be completed once the MO is confirmed. The last move would be completed when the MO is marked as complete. I know Odoo can do this and it's probably just an incomplete setup on my end.

Discard