This question has been flagged

I made a mistake...

At one point I had only one company and during initial database setup I picked invoicing for my particular country for that company.

Everything worked fine, then I had second company to setup with no plan to use invoicing in it in the future. So glanced over and didn't check if this company received the same invoicing setup as a primary company (I mean taxes, accounts etc.).

Couple months later it turned out that in this second company we will need full invoicing, but some sales order already were created inside this company so I couldn't pick invoicing setup anymore. I forgot about this localized package so I started to make invoicing setup by hand, I copied accounts and taxes from primary company and assigned them to the second.

But I still have a trouble on every step of sales process. From default taxes not being applied on products, accounts from primary company randomly showing in the invoices from the second company (so we can not save the invoices because the discrepancy) etc...

It is huge pain because default invoicing setup does not exists in the second company. I would like to ask you for help and an advice.

How do I fix this now, without breaking old records? I there any way of manually configuring invoicing to a point where everything will be working fine? Or to install localized invoicing package without breaking existing orders/invoices?

Using Odoo13 Community

Discard

Maybe you could also fix one problem by the other in the existing company, but again, then post one problem after the other and provide the necessary information.

Best Answer

Such questions are far beyond the scope of a help forum. As I understand it, you have truly messed up. My idea: create a third company the proper way and redo or export/reimport all transactions. Then delete/archive everything in the screwed company. Learn your lession. If you want to use multi-company, learn it first, read the documentation and then test it. Also, test your ramification efforts first, before you do it in production, make a step by step plan and test every step.

Discard