Help

Make sale order items information available in project

Davy Jans

Hi,

From a sales order I create a project based on setting one of the products as a service. This works fine. The sale order also includes goods / materials to be comsumed.

I can then assign the project (or tasks) to employees (plan) and that also seems to work ok.

However I want to provide all sales order items (the goods / materials) to the employees as they need to know what materials are required and want the possibility for them to add more.

If know the field service might have some of that functionality but what we try to do is not field service but construction projects (I need those separate projects).

Probably missing something?

Thanks for the support!

Davy

Discard
1 Answer
Jaideep
Best Answer

In the projects App you can duplicate field service project, or create projects in 

Field Service > Configuration > Projects > Create

On sale if you want to create, then set "field service' or the duplicated project as the Project Template on the service product.

2 Comments
Discard
Davy Jans
-

Hi Jaideep,

Thanks that works. I have a few remaining issues however.

1) The product I'm offering is configured as a service but this is not an hourly rate but a price per m2. I changed the UoM but in the field service project the value is seen as hours.

2) Only the product configured as service has an initial value when you press on the add products (cart icon) button. The others are zero.

3) Related to 2: if the product has optional products then the count is also zero.

Davy Jans
-

4) What is the entrypoint for an employee? I use the planning module to assign (plan) tasks to employees. But it feels rather cumbersome to provide them all details (they have to click and browse through the system it seems). Is there a better option?