This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When i am receiving an email to openerp i am getting a lot of junk text in the description. I have put an example below. Its really hard to read the emails because of this as the contents are hidden between the texts. Can some one help me solve this issues?

FYI Please Thanks & Regards, SHAUKAT ALI KHAN <!ze:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; color:#1B0EBE; font-weight:bold;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate {mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:8.0pt; font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"; color:#1B0EBE; font-weight:bold;} span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; color:#1B0EBE; font-weight:bold;} span.BalloonTextChar {mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char"; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-link:"Balloon Text"; font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"; color:#1B0EBE; font-weight:bold;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply but i think this is something that should be there by default on such a powerful application. Since Openerp is promoting the messaging application as a unified communication solution. Its necessary to get the incoming emails properly. I have also setup the emails to create leads and support queries and i am facing the same issue with that. It doubles the work cleaning the email and understanding them. Hope some one finds a solution for this sooner.

Best Answer

We are working on improving the parsing for v8.

The description field is not clean, but the message in the bottom is more clean usally. In v8, we will not fill in the description field, but just attach messages on the bottom.

Discard
Best Answer

The junk you see is formatting information, meaning the sender is using rich text (HTML) to write their emails and OpenERP is not able to render it. The best solution would be to get people to send you plain text emails instead. Unfortunately that is not always a practical solution since people send using whatever format they want.

There are some email "cleaning" utilities out there, that could remove HTML, CSS and Javascript from the mails, leaving only the actual text. I don't know off-hand if there is anything that runs within the context of OpenERP however. If you are running your own mail server, you could process the incoming emails.

Discard

This page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/699468/python-html-sanitizer-scrubber-filter (sorry, insufficient karma) contains some information about tools written in Python. It should be farily simple to write or to get somebody to write an OE module wrapper around some tool like this. You'd need to make sure it is a tool that can remove inline CSS.