This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hello im migrating our odoo server. ive exported the database to the new server and rysnced the add ons folder to the new server. but whenever i add the addons folder from the old server the odoo in my new server breaks(cant access the site). i think its definitely the permissions and owner.

old server = ubuntu 16.04, odoo 8.0.2017615. ADDON PATH=/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons,/opt/openerp/server/openerp/XXXX_addons,/opt/openerp/server/openerp/YYYY_addons 

new server = ubuntu 18.04, odoo 8.0.20170701. ADDON PATH= addons_path = /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons,/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/XXXX_addons,/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/YYYY_addons

i chmod all the dir/files  to 777 and chown it to root and added all my linux users as root. giving all the uses permission to all the files/dir. but still breaks whenever i add the addons folder to the new server. odoo logs doesnt give me anything either (no logs whenever the site breaks), ive changed the logging level to debug.

Discard

Next time please use a meaningful title. I have adapted it for now.

Best Answer

Hello, how can I change permissions File/Foldes for custom_addons in Odoo.sh?

thanks

Discard
Best Answer

You should do the addons folder in a location as it was on the old server in the /opt directory, maybe even in a separate folder than Odoo like /opt/customaddons. Look at your odoo.conf if you have the correct folder added. I'm using permissions 755 and the owner of the addons directory and it's files should be the user that you ran odoo with. 

Don't chown owner to root, because that means that only root user can access it (OK with 777 anyone) and you probably don't run odoo as root?

Discard
Best Answer

Here is an example on how to properly assign permissions to the addons folders (please adapt to your addons path):

sudo chown -R root:odoo /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/custom/addons/
sudo find /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/custom/addons/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
sudo find /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/custom/addons/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Discard