This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

Odoo v14. 

I would like to know how I can link manually a sale order to an invoice.

This is the problem I have:

Customer ordered and paid goods, goods were delivered. 

Customer returns all the goods and requests new ones in different amounts.

We make return of all goods and accept them in warehouse. All goods are returned.

I adapted the invoice to the correct amounts. I than cancelled the sales order and placed it back to concept and adapted the amounts but when I confirm it shows already part as delivered and I can not change those quantities to 0 . Strange as a full return on that sales order has been executed.

My solution would be to cancel the entire sales order , make a new sales order and connect that one to the existing invoice. But I don't know how to do that.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Discard
Best Answer

hello,

imho, you may not adjust the invoice.

When receiving goods in warehouse the delivered quantity on your SO is reset to 0, but the invoiced quantity is still positive. You can then generate a credit note based on your invoice. (thus the invoiced quantity on sales order will be reset to 0). Now the sales order lines are clean.

Then you can either create a complete new flow (sales order->delivery->invoice) or if you want to keep the same Sales order ref, you can just add new lines.

When generating the new invoice, you can take into account the previously created credit note to adjust automatically the due amount.

Discard