This question has been flagged

I am facing issue, on transfers which is BUY method, I can see cost of products in landing cost. But when I allocate shipping cost on DROPSHIP transfers, Landing cost compute doesn't show product costs before application.

Any one has any Idea on this. Even in dropship cost of shipping should become a part of COGS (as per costing perspective)

Discard
Best Answer

When configured properly, Odoo will book a Landed Cost adjustment on a Drop Ship Transfer to cost of goods (based on the Expense account setup on the product on the Drop Ship Transfer).

Check you have a service product with the "Is Landed Cost" option checked so that you see the CREATE LANDED COSTS button on the Vendor Bill as soon as you add the service to the Bill. Be sure to click this button to process the landed cost with your desired split method and choose the drop ship transfer.

The account that is debited on the Vendor Bill line for the shipping to be landed is the Stock Input Account of the Product Category that the landed cost service product belongs to.  This debit is only transitory/temporary as it will be cleared when you process the landed cost and become a debit to cost of goods.  The default Stock Input Account is the Stock Interim (received) account but you are free to change this to any reconcilable interim/clearing/wash account.

Whether you add the Landed Cost to the same Vendor Bill you use to pay your Vendor for the drop shipped product, or another Bill from your shipping Vendor, the landed cost will work the same way.

Odoo will not adjust the cost of goods on the Customer Invoice, since they product is always simultaneously delivered and received on a drop ship - the cost of goods will simply be debited at the time of processing the landed cost as a separate entry.

The journal item from the Customer Invoice as well as the Journal Item from the Landed Cost adjustment will record the product - so you can see your true cost of goods per product by grouping the debits in this account by product.

Discard

Hi Ray,
In Odoo I can have a Dropship process to send directly the good from the supplier to the costumer but manage the delivery by myself with Odoo using the Shipping Connectors that are avalilable in Odoo?
In this case I buy the good from the supplier and the transport service from the carrier to pickup in my supplier's store and delivery to my costumer. If it possible can you briefly explain how.
Many thanks for your support,
Pedro

Please post a new question, sharing what you have done and where it has gone wrong.

I have explained in my post how it works, so without knowing what you are doing and which step it isn't working, I would be repeating the same explanation I already have above.

It may also help to review the documentation at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/applications/inventory_and_mrp/inventory/management/reporting/integrating_landed_costs.html

Your case sounds like you would mimic our example for customs duties, on the Bill from your transport service.

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNmOTZbRoQM

Hi Ray,

I tried to book landed cost against the drop ship transfer.

Sales Price - $ 100 and Qty 1
Purchase - $ 50 and Qty 1 Dropship and Landed cost $ 20
Supplier Bill - $ 50 and Qty 1 Dropship and Landed cost $ 20
(Stock Received but not billed Dr 50
Stock Received but not billed Dr 20
To Accounts Payable 70)
Inventory valuation impact - Vendor to Customer 1 Qty
Inventory Valuation Entries -
1. DS/00001 Qty +1 Value - 50
(Inventory Dr 50 - Stock Received but not billed Cr 50)
2. DS/00001 Qty -1 Value - 50
(Stock Delivered but not invoiced D 50 - Inventory Cr 50)

Here system consider inventory value as 50 so inventory valuation will never show cost including landed cost. Net impact in accounting is always correct but the costing of product will be in accurate that will lead to incorrect margin in case any one is using Pricelist based on cost.

Ideally in case of drop ship even system consider 1 transfer but there must be an impact in valuation report and that is not happening.

The stock is not yours, it belongs to your Vendor until it belongs to your Customer. The only place the extra amount should be applied is to the cost of goods. The valuation report will always be $0 for drop ship products. You can't assign a value to something you never own. The inventory is not yours.