This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My client asked me to check if duplicate serial numbers for the same product is possible. I originally said "of course not, don't worry", but then promised to check it. The validation checks on a 2nd receipt with the same serial number does indeed give the required error message, but if the receipt is into a DIFFERENT warehouse to the existing item, then it lets me do it. 

I couldn't find any posts on this, can anyone confirm if there is a valid use case for allowing duplicates? Or else I'll raise it with support.

Thanks

Alex

Discard

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently abroad, and will return on Monday 13th November 2023. For any urgent queries, please contact:

Sales: Gwilym Bugeja gbugeja@4sight.mt

Odoo: Jesmond Magro: jmagro@4sight.mt

Other: Maurizio Mamo: mmamo@4sight.mt

Thank you

Best regards

Alex

4sight group
No 22, Level 1, Wenzu Dyer Street, Hamrun, Malta
Tel. +356 2780 0882 | www.4sight.mt
No 48, Inomenon Ethnon Street, Larnaca, Cyprus
Tel: +357 2462 8222 | www.4sight.cy
env Consider the environmentPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail!

CONFIDENTIALITY : The information contained in this message and in any attachment is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient or recipients to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient and receive this message in error please delete it and any attachment and all copies of it and of any such attachment from your system immediately, destroy any paper copies and notify the sender. If you are not an intended recipient, you are not authorised to use, distribute, print or copy any part of this message or of any attachment, whether directly or indirectly. It is also recommended that any attachments in this message be scanned prior to opening, as we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. Any information provided to 4Sight Group. will be processed in order to meet the requests of the sender. 4Sight Group hereby gives notice that data subjects may upon written notification ask to access rectify or erase any personal data subject to the Companies' obligations under EU laws, regulations and directives.

Best Answer

I agree

Discard
Best Answer

Hi normaly have not to allow. tested with 2 wh. with one step in. constrain worked and did not allow to use the same serial number

Serial number (11) already exists in location(s): WH/Stock. Please correct the serial number encoded.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi 

I Agree with you each product has a unique serial number not to duplicate it 

even if there is different operation routes 

Discard