This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Can it be possible that the conversation icon on odoo can make the system run slow. The conversation icon was loading fast before I migrated a bunch of data to the res.partner table. Now the conversation icon loads forever and in return the system becomes slow. I'm guessing the icon is searching for users inside the system, since they're a lot of users, it takes too much time to return. I may be wrong but is it possible that the icon could be the one causing the system to be slow.

Discard
Best Answer

No an Icon can't make Odoo slow i think it's your partners data is a lot that you need to upgrade your resources to match with the performance of big data If you have your own dedicated server here is an example for the configurations:

* Worker number calculation

- Rule of thumb : (#CPU * 2) + 1.

- Cron workers need CPU.

- 1 worker ~= 6 concurrent users.

* Memory size calculation

- We consider 20% of the requests are heavy requests, while 80% are simpler ones.

- A heavy worker, when all computed field are well designed, SQL requests are well designed, … is estimated to consume around 1GB of RAM.
        - A lighter worker, in the same scenario, is estimated to consume around 150MB of RAM.

* Needed RAM = #worker * ( (light_worker_ratio * light_worker_ram_estimation) + (heavy_worker_ratio * heavy_worker_ram_estimation) )

Configuration sample

• Server with 4 CPU, 8 Thread

• 60 concurrent users

• 60 users / 6 = 10

• (4 * 2) + 1 = 9

• We’ll use 8 workers + 1 for cron. We’ll also use a monitoring system to measure cpu load, and check if it’s between 7 and 7.5 .

• RAM = 9 * ((0.8*150) + (0.2*1024)) ~= 3Go RAM for Odoo

in /etc/odoo.conf:

[options]
limit_memory_hard = 1677721600
limit_memory_soft = 629145600
limit_request = 8192
limit_time_cpu = 600
limit_time_real = 1200
max_cron_threads = 1
workers = 8

or If you need an already configured server check Odoo's own hosting services that is called Odoo.sh and you can estimate the resources you need. They have Odoo SharedHosting and Odoo DedicatedHosting plans.

We are partners with Odoo and i can provide you with an offer if you want feel free to reach.

Happy to help :) an upvote will be awesome

CTO at FireBits Software Solutions
LinkedIn : Amr Abd-Alkrim Hassan

Business Contact Info:
amr@firebits.net
+249906844174
http://firebits.net

Discard