This question has been flagged

Hi together,

We are just starting to implement odoo (community, V14). We need the subcontracting module and I have put in quite some hours of work, because it never seemed to work. I was now able to find the error that was causing the problems.

Status before error:

I can use the subcontracting module, everything works as expected. I use the module when purchasing a part, that is produced at a subcontractor.

I have two warehouses (error also occurred with one warehouse), both have subcontracting enabled.

Error:

When I change the “address” in the warehouse to anything else (custom applied is “my company”, I can change it to any other supplier), then the subcontracting does not work anymore. When I make a purchase order, the “delivery” expects just the purchased part, not that any subcontracting has taken place (BOM Bookout missing). Any rules regarding the subcontracting are not triggert.

Problem:

This issue is not reversable. Once I have changed the address at the warehouse, changing it back does not resolve the error. So once someone changes the address, I need to go back to an old image of the databse.

My Question:

Does anyone know, what exactly happens there and what could be done to resolve this issue?

I guess just “not changed the address in the first place” could be a good option, but this is like playing with fire, as someone at some point might be changing it. Espassialy since it seems intuitive to change the warehouse location to the address of the subcontractor, that is actually using this warehouse.

Thanks for your help!

Discard