This question has been flagged

I am quite confused how I would best setup email management. I already learned, there is no way to just sync my gmail account (I thought that would be killer feature of any CRM, since IMAP would also allow to send back your Outbox in order to keep a backup and could use any of those system, for higher availability in case one service would not be online) Then i guess inbox does not mean, what most people might have as concept of an inbox (like place your personal email gets like in Outlook, Gmail and ever since). So I started to setup gmail as incoming server, but it does weird stuff to me (at least it seems nothing comparable to what happens, when you setup pop/imap in any mail-client). First it generated leads , though I have left empty last two fields in incoming server setting. Then in Sales / Leads  I see a lot of mails, but from old conversations (over a year ago) and like several leads from the same person (each time he answered email in that time). Worst thing, odoo just shows the date those emails got sucked in, I was trying to lookup what email-address those "leads" originally were send to,  in order to compare them, with another place in settings i can see an alias list, but could not find in leads view. So how could I pull in all those mails ,that actually have to do with customers? And what would be the way to manage email?  

Discard