This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I imported products using a CSV file and giving the external ID (product.template) of each product.

When I try to import BOMs using a CSV file and giving the external ID product.product, Odoo does not recognize the product in the BOM lines.

When I checked the external ID of the imported products in product.product, I found it empty.

That's why I would like to know if we can give the external ID of product.product when creating the products (importing a CSV file) or if it is supposed to be generated automatically?

Discard
Best Answer

I assume than you don't have product variants (e.g. sizes and colors)

product.template and product.product are 2 different objects. When you create a product.template, a record is created in product.product. The external IDs of both records are different. 

If you need the external IDs of product.product, you can export the records that you need, from the same view you used to import (product.template). You have to include the IDs of the related products of that templates. On the left column of the export wizard, unfold the line "Products" and click on the field Products/External ID. When exporting, the external IDs are created (if they didn't exist before)

Discard
Author

Would you please tell me how can I access product.product model to import data to test if external IDs are generated

I don't know if importing product.product without product.template would work. product.template is required.

If you don't have product variants (size-colors...) you can open the product.product view doing this: (in debug mode) --) click on the "bug", select "open view" and open the product.product.tree view.

Anyway, I recommend to import the data using the project template view. Then export the records that you need from the same view. You have to include the IDs of the related products of that templates. On the left column of the export wizard, unfold the line "Products" and click on the field Products/External ID. When exporting, the external IDs are created (if they didn't exist before).

I will edit my previous answer.

I mean "... recommend to import the data using the PRODUCT.template view."

Best Answer

I also found a good explanation video about managing BOMs (including import). Maybe you want to take a look on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJG5pNg9F-M

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

While importing the data add a column in the sheet named id and set your external id in it. Once you import the value in the id column will be the external id for the record.

Thanks

Discard
Author

I have imported the external ID in product.template with the data. The problem is that, BOM lines are in product.product which I would like to know how its external ID is exactly generated.