This question has been flagged
1 Reply

A client in v.14 is using the project-app to track timesheets of the employees on a certain project, and wishes to then invoice these timesheets every month to the customers. In the Sales order different time from different roles are defined (Manager, Junior), but I cannot discover how to link certain employees to certain roles, and how to then select the timesheets periodically to invoice. The relevant documentation is v.13 only, and some changes have been made. The client has timesheets, project and accounting but not planning. 

- How do you define what employee has what role/timesheets what product?

- What are the correct settings to bill on projects?

- Is there an option to link these invoices to the original sales order?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Michael,

• If I understood correctly, on your SO, you already put the different roles (services) that are possible to timesheet on. You cannot add directly to an employee which role they have. However from the task it self, you can add, in the timesheet tab, the "sale order item", which allows an employee to timesheet on the correct line (with the role and price that you have defined on the pro
  • For the billing, you can choose to invoice from the task (in the action menu), from the SO or from the project overview. The invoices will be link in all the cases to the SO, the task and the project.

Hope it helped!

Discard
Author

Thank you, it was very helpful.

I have also discussed the use case with CPO. We came to the following steps:

- Make a project with the settings on Employee Rate. This way the individual rates for employees can be defined.

- Configure the services as Products. Depending on whether you want to create a project first or a sales order first you can define the invoicing and automatic generation of tasks.

- Then, add a task in the relevant project. Add in employees with all the used roles and pricing in this task (This is important, as roles cannot be added on at a later stage).

- When the timesheets are added a Sales Order can be generated from the project screen. It is important to realize that once a Sales Order is generated further timesheets are added in Delivered but not in Ordered (this can be edited manually).

- From this Sales Order an invoice can be generated. You can define the date range from which the invoices are used, this can be used to generate weekly or monthly invoices. (I personally haven't automated this step but I'm sure a clever line of code can add on automatically generated monthly invoices).