This question has been flagged

dear,

hope you are well!

i am using odoo Ev11, 

i am wondering if i process a customer payment using journal entry, 

how it can be reconciled with previous invoices.

i have try payment matching but its not showing journal entries.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes - this works fine.

If you are not seeing the Journal Entry in the Payment Matching screen, check these things:

1) Have you entered the PARTNER in the Journal Item that represents the bank DEBIT and the Accounts Receivable CREDIT.

2) If you are not using AR or AP (for example you are Journaling a Payroll Entry) then you must still temporarily debit then credit AR or AP (simply move the balance through this account), then debit the ultimate destination account.

Example Payroll Manual Journal Entry that can be reconciled:

How it appears on the Bank Statement:

You then reconcile the two AP (Vendor Payment) or AR (Customer Payment) items together:

Discard
Author

thanks alot

am using journal entry without partner, on customer master form i have account receivable with customer name.

if customer name is apple so on customer master form > accounting; all entriess direct into apple account instead of default 1200000 account receivable account.

so whenever invoice validated system create this journal entry;

apple dr

product sales cr

so when i make payment through journal entry i do it (without partner)

bank dr

apple cr

but it's not showing on payment matching

Author

what is the solution, to make awaiting payments on accounting dashboard zero

Ray, following your steps on v13 enterprise and only the 2 AP entries show up on the bank rec, not the expense item. I'm not sure the AP debit entry is what should be reconciled.

This is an old post for v11. For v13 and v14, manually journal the expense and post the AP credit as normal, then you record a separate payment and reconcile the payment to the bank statement. Please post a new question if you have questions.