This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Does the Manufacturing Order have to be completed in order for the the Quantity on Hand inventory (of products used in the BOM) to be updated?

The inventory app immediately reflects the newly created MO's effect on the forecasted inventory of the BOM materials. However, my inventory shows the actual quantities on hand only being consumed for the entire BOM materials all at once, and only when the MO is marked as done.

I'm wondering if there is a way to update the inventory quantity for the products that make up the BOM during (and not after) the manufacturing order. This would be useful for us because our manufacturing process can take over a month to complete and we want to have accurate inventory of our raw materials ("products" in Odoo) during this time.

It looks like the BOM allows materials to be consumed in specific manufacturing operations. I have tried using this function but it only seems to work within in the MRP module. The MO shows the materials as consumed accordingly but the actual product quantity on hand in the Inventory module doesn't show it as consumed; it is still reflected as a "forecasted" lower quantity.

I am using version 14 (community).

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo updates the quantity after the MO is done Just to avoid confusion it's update the stock after the MO is done. The software version is the a virtual reflection but in real time the cases might be different (i.e using some leftover components from previous stock or so.)

if the operations are discrete (like table =table top+ legs) you can create different Boms and add them to main BOM.When each Bom executes the stock is updated .

Srijita Banerjee

Jr. Odoo Consultant

Tel: +353 1 886 5684 (IE) +44 121 285 5684 (UK)  +91 964 381 7554 (IN)

Target Integration | CRM ERP Cloud

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

Discard
Author

Thanks Srijita! It sounds like the inventory quantity on hand is updated after the MO is done. Your second paragraph indicates inventory quantity on hand also updates after a sub-BOM is completed even though the MO for the parent BOM is still in process. Therefore the trigger point for updating inventory is the sooner of (a) fully completed sub/parent BOM or (b) fully completed MO. Am I understanding that correctly?