This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Back to theory:

VAT- registered business that trade in goods with other EU member states are required to provide details of these transactions, which are used for statistical purposes. “Intrastat” is the system used to collect these statistics. Services are excluded from Intrastat.

- What a company has to declare depends on thresholds. Each EU country is free to define its own thresholds for both Arrivals and Dispatches. Thresholds exist to define the requirement for Intrastat reporting and, in certain EU member states, for allowing simplified Intrastat Declaration. See: https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/eu-vat-rules/eu-vat-returns/intrastat-reporting-thresholds.html

How to deal with Intrastat in Odoo?

1) Activate the Intrastat feature in the Settings

2) Define Default Incoterm (and for Belgian accounting, you can also define the Company Intrastat Region. /!\ If you have multiple warehouses, you can configure the Intrastat Region on each warehouse independently)

3) Configure your products (mandatory to use one to impact the Intrastat report)

- Define the commodity code

- Define the country of origin

4) Create a customer invoice/ vendor bill

- Use a product (MANDATORY)

- In  "Other Info" tab, define: 

- Incoterm: if no default incoterm defined above or if different

- Intrastat country: by default = country_id of the partner_id

- Intrastat transport mode

5) Accounting -->Reporting --> Intrastat Report

Discard

Amaury, in your last screenshot (very hard to read) there seem to be four buttons in the upper left corner, the third one could be XML.
Which version are you using? I can't see this in V14 or V16, but only PDF or XLXS.

Author

Hi Dr. Thomas Koliwer,

Unfortunately it depends on which localization you are because each country has its own version of Intrastat Report. In my case, I was in a Belgian one and the xml export is currently only available in the Belgian localization.

Best Answer

In Germany it is required by law that the Intrastat report is transmitted as INSTAT/XML 6.2 file (this cannot be generated with Excel!).
Obviously Odoo can't do that, strangely enough I can't find anything about it in the community either. Does anyone have an idea?

Discard

Hi Dr. Thomas Koliwer - have you been able to find solution for exporting intrastat in XML file?

no, unfortunately not. Any idea if this is possible in V16? There is an XML-Button but what format? I'm so tired about these topics... Ask SAP, they laugh themselves to death about such problems.