This question has been flagged

I am looking for a way to simplify purchases between my companies. I want to automatically generate a vendor bill (purchase invoice) when moving product between companies. For example, company A invoices company B for some products. Company B automatically creates the vendor bill that mirrors the sale from company A. 

This used to be easy in Odoo 13. Is there a new method for Odoo 15? 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Taylor,

This is still possible  in V15. You need to go to the General Settings and under the "Companies" section, enable inter-company transactions. Since this setting has a building icon next to it, this means that this is a setting that must be enabled and defined per company. In your use case, you will need to go to Company B, enable the feature, and select "Synchronize invoices/bills".

Discard
Author

Thank you. I see if I create a vendor bill, I get a corresponding invoice in the other company. Is it possible to reverse that process. I want to have a vendor bill automatically generate in company B whenever an invoice is sent from company A.

Author

Note, I do not have the Purchase application installed yet. Is that necessary for a invoice to issue a vendor bill in the other company? The description in settings seems to convey that it should go both ways.

Generate a bill/invoice when a company confirms an invoice/bill for [company]

Hi Taylor,

Create an invoice in Company A with Company B set as the customer and the vendor bill should be created in Company B. The Purchase app would be necessary if the process were to sync sales orders & purchase orders.

Author

Hi Andrea,

It is not working to go directly from an invoice to a vendor bill. But thanks for confirming about needing the purchase app for SO/PO's to sync. That makes sense. I'll keep trying to get the invoice to generate a vendor bill.