This question has been flagged
2 Replies

good day everyone,

I a custom module we want to add field inheriting a class, however we don't find the proper way to xpath to it.  we tried both ways and got error "xpath cannot be located in parent view"

<template id="products_item_inters" inherit_id="website_sale.products_item">

<!--<xpath expr="//div[hasclass('p-2 o_wsale_product_information_text')]" position="inside"> -->

<xpath expr="//div[@id='p-2 o_wsale_product_information_text']" position="inside">

<h6 class="o_wsale_products_item_title mb-1">

<a class="text-primary text-decoration-none" itemprop="default_code" t-att-href="product_href" t-att-content="product.default_code" t-field="product.default_code" />

</h6>

</xpath>

</template>

Discard
Best Answer

I can't post code :(

Use for example H6-Title-Element o_wsale_products_item_title inside that div for xpath and work with position after, before or replace instead of inside.

Hope that helps

Discard
Author

Thanks!

Best Answer

Dear Christian Kubicki and Avash,
I can not write comment, thats why writing as an answer. and code is in comments. Sorry.

Me too have same issue i want to replace website_sale.products_item template last span but its keep on giving me "Extra content at the end of the document" Error.
Could someone let me know what mistake am i doing here.
Thanks.

Discard

<template id="products_item_intert" inherit_id="website_sale.products_item">
<xpath expr="//span[last()]" position="replace">
<t t-set="pqty" t-value='int(product.qty_available)'/>
<span t-out="str((td_product['ribbon']['html'] or '') + ' ' + str(pqty) or '')" t-attf-class="o_ribbon #{bg_class}" t-attf-style="#{text_color and ('color: %s; ' % text_color)}#{bg_color and 'background-color:' + bg_color}" />
</xpath>
</template>​