This question has been flagged

Hi!

I have a product "Service" that has hours as the unit of measure. The hour has a price but the cost depends on which employee actually works. So I leave the costs at 0.00. For every employee, there is a field timesheet cost in the HR settings. I thought that this field represents the costs of one working hour of this employee. Am I right with that?Now, when I create a sales order from a quotation a new project is created. The employees work on the project and track their hours using the task timesheets. 

Now, when I create a sales order from a quotation a new project is created. The employees work on the project and track their hours using the task timesheets. What I would like to do now is to calculate the margin for such a service project (or the sales order) by summing up the revenue (ordered hours*price) and subtracting the actual labor costs (timesheet entries per employee * employee timesheet cost). 

Is there a way to do that? Maybe use an Analytic Account, some sort of reporting or even the Sales module?

As always, I appreciate all helping answers! Best,

Thomas

Discard
Author

Does nobody know how to us the timesheet cost to calculate the cost of a project based on timesheet entries?