This question has been flagged

I recently upgraded my OpenERP 7.0 installation, and since then, in the Stock Move lines form view (both in Incoming Shipments and Delivery Orders) when I select a product in the Product ('product_id') field, the Description ('name') autfills itself with the same information as the Product ('product_id') field instead of using the products description information (either 'description_sale' or 'description_purchase').

How can I fix this? So that the Description field in Stock Move lines uses the Product Description information and not the Product Name.

For example, for the Sale Order lines I know what line of code is responsible for populating the Description field:

in: addons/sale/sale.py (>class sale_order_line(osv.osv): > def product_id_change)

if not flag:
            result['name'] = self.pool.get('product.product').name_get(cr, uid, [product_obj.id], context=context_partner)[0][1]
            if product_obj.description_sale:
                result['name'] += '\n'+product_obj.description_sale

But I'm not able to find the equivalent for Stock Move lines.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Santi,

Please see the below link. In that you can find your solution.

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/bc4217ced23288f8ab2a67659903b89625584e68

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Chirag! I had a look at that bug fix in your link, and although it fixes a different bug than the one I mentioned, I was able to achieve the results I wanted by changing this line:

'name': product.partner_ref,

to:

'name': product.description_sale,

So two fixes in one blow! perfect

But I'm still puzzled that no one else is complaining about this, isn't it a bug? Shouldn't the "Description" field show the products description information, and not the product name?

Discard