This question has been flagged

Good day. I am new to Odoo, and trying out the trial before I decide to purchase.

I have already imported 100 products with no problem, great!

So what I am now trying to replicate is a real life situation for me. I receive weekly 100 products, and my supplier sends me an excel with those 100 products and their corresponding name, barcodes etc.

I need to upload this csv to Odoo to create the products BUT it is very common that there are products that have already been created. 

It would be very time consuming for me to check to see if the product already exists or not.

Is there a way for Odoo to;

- Ignore if barcode already exists?

and then just create all the other new products?

Thanks for reading!

Mike

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Michael:

Odoo uses the External ID (id) field to determine if it is the same record. You can define a naming convention (for example, "product_" + BARCODE) and use this as the value of the external id in the csv file so that the id for the product stays the same across multiple loads. Once you do this, Odoo will update the product if it exists in the system or create a new product if the id is not found.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Juan, or Hola! Could you help me out, where is the option to ignore registry if it already exists?

When I tried to upload a csv with an existing product I got error.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi.

When importing from CSV or excel you can test before the data is created in Odoo.

Odoo give the option to ignore the registry when exists.

Discard