This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is there a way we can ensure that when a product is sold in a quantity that is a multiple of a product’s “product packaging” quantity – for example, sku GRRR050 has a pallet quantity of 16, and we store multiple, full (unbroken) pallets in our warehouse – that the resultant picking operation defaults to (or prioritizes) a source location with a full pallet available, even if that means skipping a location containing a lesser quantity?

Example:

• Sku GRRR050 has a pallet quantity of 16. This is set up as a Packaging quantity on the product.
  • In location A, I have (partial pallet) quantity: 1 of sku GRRR050
  • In location B, I have (full pallet) quantity: 16 of sku GRRR050
  • I confirm a sales order for a quantity of 16. Logically, it would make the most sense to pick the already-assembled, full pallet from location B. But instead, the picking operation instructs me to pick quantity: 1 from location A, then quantity: 15 from location B.
  • And because the system is instructing order pickers to do this illogical thing, people in my warehouse are getting in the habit of ignoring where Odoo tells them to pick orders. But if Odoo was instead telling them to do something logical, like picking the full pallet since it is available, then we’d have fewer mistakes and errors that need to be corrected later.

Not sure what to do about this, and I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

(Odoo version 15)

Discard
Best Answer

If still open -  I had a similiar issue:

1. define package informations for your products - e.g. define the quantity of pieces per full pallet in the product (in your case 16)

2. define your routes and rules like this:

- Standard delivery route in 3 steps

- Additional delivery route in 2 steps and mark "Applicable On Packagings"

- sort the routes manually or by sequence - the 2-Step rule should be before the 3-Step rule

In my case it works so far - if an order contains quantities of full pallets, odoos generate transfers directly from the storage to the outbound-area, otherwise it moves the quantities in the picking area first, and there we have to pick and bring it to the outbound area - in case of mixed orders parallel as well.

I hope, that helps. ​

Discard