This question has been flagged

Hello Odooers,

There is an issue with the translation of the terms ‘Bi-weekly’ and ‘Semi-monthly’ in the module hr_payroll for Spanish. Both terms are translated as ‘Quincenal’, which is ambiguous and can cause confusion for the users. 

• Bi-weekly: This term means that something happens every two weeks, or 26 times per year.
  • Semi-monthly: This term means that something happens twice per month, or 24 times per year. For example, if you get paid semi-monthly, you receive your salary on two fixed dates per month, such as the 15th and the last day of the month.

As you can see, these two terms are not equivalent and should not be translated as ‘Quincenal’ in Spanish. A better translation for ‘Bi-weekly’ would be ‘Bisemanal’. This way, the users can clearly distinguish between the two payment frequencies and avoid any misunderstanding.

To fix the translation in Odoo, it is needed to edit the files es.po and es_419.po in the module hr_payroll. I will be happy to contribute to the repository but I don't have acceso to the enterprise repository.

I hope this post was helpful and help to clarify the issue with the translation of ‘Bi-weekly’ and ‘Semi-monthly’ in Odoo and I hope this change will be made to help all Odoo users who work with payroll in Spanish.

Thank you for reading.

Discard