This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I know the question have been raised several times; however no definitive answer seems to have been brought!

I checked - more than once - that my journal are setup with the authorization to cancel" entries.

Still, a "severe" popup asks to authorize first!

At least one other user faced this issue (user de clarens).

Where is it possible to read a definive answer on this within the official documentation?

Discard
Best Answer

Firstly you should never be able to cancel a confirmed journal entry - this goes against good accounting practice and standard OpenERP does not allow it. There may be a community module that does it - you would need to find.

If you want to check journals before they are posted, set the journal - Skip 'Draft' State for Manual Entries - to false.

Discard
Author

Thanks Kevin for your profesionnal advice; I am an accountant and I agree. However, under specific circumstances the cancellation can be necessary. It is my case because I misunderstood how OE setup default debit & credit for accounting journals is functionning.

And now I am in a "corner" because I am using the Saas for OE where I can not add community modules.

Author

Finally, I found the button which enables the cancellation of an accounting entry -one by one. Select an accounting entry for cancellation, then select the little arrow next to the entry reference number or code; this opens the accountig entry itself; the click on the grey top left button ; the entry is then set to draft; make corrections if any and confirm/save; or delete the entry.

Best Answer

I also agree that as a good accounting practices we should not cancell entries, but, in fact sometimes we really ned to cancell the posted entries.

There is a module named "account_cancel", which I believe you have already installed because you are allowed to define your journals to allow cancellation. If not, you may install this module (or update it) to be abble to cancel posted journal entries. After installed, we must define that the specific journal allows cancelling entries.

I do not know any other way to cancell posted entries.

Hope it helps

Discard