This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My use case is this: I need to print Invoices on pre-printed forms. In cases where the Invoice is more than 1 page, the last page contains the "Total Amount". I need to fix the position of the "Total Amount" to a certain position near the bottom of the last page. How do I do this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Panida, and I had the same case and is solved by creating a new frame example 
<frame id="second" x1="1.5cm" y1="1.0cm" width="18.59cm" height="7.0cm"/> 

and then before putting the total amount you put blockTable tag: <nextFrame/> to take the new frame 

for more information please consult the guide that you indicated Luis Castanheira

Discard
Author

Thanks Lercari. I try per your suggestion, it work perfectly if invoice have few items. But I found problem when the invoice has items more than one page. In normal case when the items is over the 1st page, I expect the remaining items shall continue fill in next page and got summary total. But what I found is the remaining items were inserted into the second frame as I use Any idea, why it happen like that, and how to handle when it has items over one page. Thank you for your help. Panida

Best Answer

Try the drawString element ( More info on page 15 of this manual:http://www.reportlab.com/docs/rml2pdf-userguide.pdf )

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks, but when I use the drawString element, the Amount is shown on all the pages. I would like to display it only on the last page. How do I do that?

Discard