This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'd like to know how can I write superscript and subscript characters in Odoo?

Is it a Odoo or browser thing? I am not too sure but I would like to write.... say

H2O where the 2 is subscript and ft3 where the 3 is superscript. etc.

Discard
Best Answer

There are several places where Odoo can show subscript characters.

Can you supply more information about WHERE you want to show them?  On the screen?  A PDF report?  A Menu?

In this case, simply copy the subscript character and paste.

Discard
Author

Hi ray.

There are two obvious places. One is more static and that is the UOM and one is ore dynamic and that is in Chatter or messages such as H2O or m3 or 3^3

Why don't we have this, I always wonder. (not only Odoo but general whine)

thanks.

Ramzi

Supported in both places but you use the same method as you do when using your desktop word processing applications - which varies based on Platform - and as you can see there is no accepted standard way for entering them - see https://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm - I always use COPY/PASTE and it worked everwhere I tried it.

Author

This did not work for me. Here is what I did; I want to create m3 UoM so I went to MS Word, typed m3 and superscripted "3". Copies the complete text "m3". Pasted it in UOM in Odd but it did not appear as I need.

We already have the following Units of Measure in v14: ft³, m³ and in³ - you can copy them from https://runbot.odoo.com into your system.

Author

I was able to copy / paste from Google Docs and not from MS Word. thanks Ray.

Best Answer

Superscript or underscript option should be implemented in the powerbox. As should a pop info on hover.

The case for the need is evident if you need to footnote references for the text you're writing. The unicode alt extended characters only go as far as 1, 2 and 3 which is clearly insufficient.

If I knew how to program this I would. But I think it requires more than one language to do this. Python and Js probably.

Let's hope the higher spheres are listening. Is there an alternative editor for rich text fields? That would make it so that reinventing the wheel's deemed unnecessary.

Keep safe!

Discard