This question has been flagged

Several businesses (e.g. butcher shops) pack their products which can vary in weight, therefore the weight is added in the barcode. 

How to achieve this in Odoo?

Discard
Author Best Answer
  1. Create a product with barcode starting for 21 + 5 numbers for the id + 5 zeros (eventually used for the weight) + 1 number generated by the  barcode generator (e.g. barcode.tec-it.com/EAN13?).

2. Enable the product in PoS + to weight with scale

3. Generate a barcode for your product with a specific weight in this example the weight is 400g 

4. Then in PoS scan your barcode, the product will be selected with the weight established in the barcode:

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Ismael, 

I have been able to fix the barcode reader and align everything between scale generated barcodes and Odoo POS.

I have issues with it when i try to use the same method for the inventory movements. 

It can scan fixed barcodes but when it comes to weight items that is EAN 13, it doesnot work. Have you tried this module of inventory to be used for movements between warehouses or even when you want to do delivery note?

Br,

Masoud

Discard
Best Answer

hello thank you for the answer but in the many retail shops like bakery sweet shop the weight is smaller or bigger then required little bit and the price can be as per weight scale feeded price so it generate the barcode with different weights what will we do in this case.

i think the barcode is without the weight and the weight section must be auto fill when its scan.

your response will be highly awaited.

thank you.

Discard

Hello, if I understand correctly, your doubt is related as to where do you input the weight.

The weight is generally feeded on the standarized code that the sacale prints. Scales usually have this function to print a code with the grams.
If for example my code is 2112345 + 0000 + 8 < (this digit is given by a generator), then the scale when it prints the code, it'll print 2112345 +00400 which indicates that the scale measured 400grams, this could also be a different value like 211234500253 indicating that the product has 253grams.
Since odoo calculates the price based on the weight, whatever weight you input in the scale, it will print the corresponding code, and after scanning you'll get proportional princing based on the measured weight.

I hope this answers your question.