This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone, and thank you for helping!

I have an issue with a nomeclature.
I want to use a variable quantity of a product into a nomenclature. I press vinyl records, and I have to use 1 Stamper and a variable quantity of PVC, depending the number of records asked. So I created 3 products: Records, Stamper and PVC, and what I need is a way to make this possible: 

For 100 Records : 1 Stamper and 25kg of PVC and for 1000 : 1 Stamper and 250kg of PVC for example.
From 100 records to 1000, I only need 1 Stamper, but a variable quantity of PVC. 

If anybody has an idea, it will be cool!

Antoine
(using odoo community 15.0 on a debian server)

Discard

Hi Antoine! As far as I know, this is not possible in vanilla Odoo. We ourselves have an Odoo partner make a customization for us to make something like this possible. We have different ways of calculating certain positions of a production order as well.

Back in the day I had a customer selling pre-printed labels and he made the stamper a separate position on the sales orders with its own BoM. He had an online shop where the stamper were a related product. This made sense to him and his customer, because the would not need to reorder the stamper in case they wanted to order more of the same labels. Does this make sense in your business case?

Author Best Answer

Hi Parker D, 
Thak you for your answer. It really make sense, and we have thought this as a possible solution. We'll make it like that!
Thanks a lot again,
Have a good day
Antoine

Discard