This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Looking to use a custom website domain in place of my odoo.com domain. I have changed the DNS details on the website where I bought my domain.

Are there any changes required on Odoo's end?

FYI: The database is hosted on Odoo sh

Discard
Best Answer

Have you seen https://www.odoo.sh/faq#custom_domains ?

In the settings page of your project, under the section "Custom domains", you will be able to add custom domains for your production database.

Once your domain added to this list, you will have to set the DNS entries in the manager of your domain name registrar.
Perform the following operations:

Create a CNAME record www.yourdomain.com pointing to <yourdatabase>.odoo.com

If you want to use the naked domain (e.g. yourdomain.com), you need to redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com.

We do not allow to configure naked domains in the platform because these domains must be configured with A records which only accept IP addresses as possible values. The IP address of each database can change, following an upgrade or a hardware failure, and this would mean the configuration of the A record for the naked domain could suddenly no longer work, without notification.

SSL/HTTPS

SSL is enabled by default. If the redirection is correctly set up, the platform will automatically generate an SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt within the hour.

It is currently not possible to configure your own SSL certificates on the Odoo.sh platform. We are considering the feature.

In the settings page of your project, under the section "Custom domains", you will be able to add custom domains for your production database.

Once your domain added to this list, you will have to set the DNS entries in the manager of your domain name registrar.

Perform the following operations:

• Create a CNAME record www.yourdomain.com pointing to <yourdatabase>.odoo.com
  • If you want to use the naked domain (e.g. yourdomain.com), you need to redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com.
We do not allow to configure naked domains in the platform because these domains must be configured with A records which only accept IP addresses as possible values. The IP address of each database can change, following an upgrade or a hardware failure, and this would mean the configuration of the A record for the naked domain could suddenly no longer work, without notification.

SSL/HTTPS

SSL is enabled by default. If the redirection is correctly set up, the platform will automatically generate an SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt within the hour.

It is currently not possible to configure your own SSL certificates on the Odoo.sh platform. We are considering the feature.

Discard
Author

I've tried this:

Here's my DNS settings(on the Custom Hosting Site):

CNAME Record: www.my-company.com.au > www.my-company.odoo.com

Since this wasn't working I've also added a A record which points to my-company.odoo.com

The settings on my Odoo.sh look like:

Custom Domain: my-company.com.au

You should not have www before my-company.odoo.com (since you can't get to your database via this URL, you can only get to to it via https://mycompany.odoo.com - I would suggest opening a Helpdesk Ticket with our Support team if you have more questions - https://www.odoo.com/help