This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am seeking for a solution regarding selling products in webshop in Odoo V8.

The product template is having multiple variants lets say, 

1.    Color : Black and Silver 
  2.    Size : Large, Medium and Small

This will generate total 6 product variants from cross multiplication.

Now, how can I deactivate(unpublish) any one of these product variants from webshop? 

For example : I dont want to publish the product variant - Black color with Medium size. ( Assume that I made a too much sales earlier but now Black Color with Medium size is not available from my supplier indeed, so obviously I don't want to show in website. Because that variant is gonna to have no more sales. )

One of the solution I can see is to uncheck ( Deactivate ) the 'active' field. 

But by doing so it will also not be visible from backend. So I can't see this product in Sales Reports or somewhere else in backend.

Can any one suggest me a favourable solution please ??

Discard
Best Answer

Functionally, it's not possible as of v8.0 because all the fields that have an effect on displaying the variant on the website impact the whole product template, not only the variant. That is the case for the Publish button and the Can Be Sold checkbox.

The only way to do this is technically, by coding a QWeb condition to hide the variant from the page.

Discard

Is some solution available for odoo 10 community version?

Best Answer

Hello Emipro Technologies,

Technically when you unpublish the product varient, it will unpublish the whole product from the store, because the product varient inherits the product template.
and if you do change in product varient, it will be directly affect on the product template. Unpublish button do the same. 
So solution will be to inactive the product. 
if you want product in the report, you can customize your report accordingly.

Hope this Helps.

Discard
Best Answer

i wonder the same thing.Odoo 15 here

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

is there any update on this topics by any chance?

Is it now possible in odoo 14, 15, 16? 

Thanks.

Discard