This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am working on Odoo website module but I'm stuck at many2many field. Simply I was trying to make a form to be filled up by the user with his details, there is a field named Hobbies which I want to make it as Many2many so that he can select as many as he wants.

Please help me out with the simple and basic code, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Discard
Author

Hi Mitul Shingala,

Thanks for your response, but I don't want the checkboxes. I want the tags to be selected.

you can also get the example from Forum module, when you Ask a question at that time you have option for select the Tags. so from website_forum module you can also get the reference for how to submit the many2many field data.

Author

I hope there are many ways to do this, but I am bound to add the tags field.

I just want to create my custom tag field by the code as same as how we create on our record view.

instead of tags you can add checkbox as per your needs

Author

I appreciate your suggestions, but as I mentioned before I don't need checkboxes, I only need a tag field.

Best Answer

Hello,

you need to add checkboxes for that based on the Hobbies. and based on that make the code for submit the data into controller.

or you can also get the example from Forum module, when you Ask a question at that time you have option for select the Tags. so from website_forum module you can also get the reference for how to submit the many2many field data. 

Hope this answer will helps you.

Discard