This question has been flagged
I'm working on a override for the account.view_move_form view

This view has context on the partner_id field to alter the search mode based on whether the current invoice is a vendor or a customer invoice.

I would like to extend this context such that if the user creates a new partner starting from the view_move_form, the category_id is set to a different value depending on whether the current invoice is a vendor or a customer invoice.

I'm not managed to do so. Here's what I have so far:

my.move.form

account.move

{
'res_partner_search_mode':
(context.get('default_type', 'entry') in ('out_invoice', 'out_refund', 'out_receipt') and 'customer') or
(context.get('default_type', 'entry') in ('in_invoice', 'in_refund', 'in_receipt') and 'supplier') or False,
'default_category_id': (context.get('default_type', 'entry') in ('out_invoice', 'out_refund', 'out_receipt') and [1]) or [2] }

I have basically added another key to the context dictionary named 'default_category_id' and tried to mimic the condition used in res_partner_search_mode to set a different default based on the type of invoice.

This is not working. Regardless of the invoice type, I'm always seeing [2] as default value when creating a new partner.

I have tried this in odoo 13 and 15, but it fails in both versions.

What should I change to make this work ?

Discard
Author

Hmm, I had marked the snippet as a code block, but for some reason all the xml tags have been stripped. Is there a way to add an xml snippet that avoids this ?