This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Dear Community Members,

I am post-newbie with odoo. I have installed odoo 13.0 on a hosted server. I am running 2 little businesses. Thus I have setup 2 companies in my odoo database properly...and it is working almost perfect. :) Great thanks to odoo for this awesome software btw.!

Now I thought to go on with having 2 separate websites for those 2 companies. So I activated Multi-Website in the general website settings and created 2 websites and mapped them to the two companies (also in the general website settings): 

Website A > Company A
Website B > Company B

I also set two separate external domains in order to publish both sites separately (done also in the general website setting):

Website A = Company A > Domain: www.company-a.de
Website B = Company B > Domain: www.company-b.de

Both domains I redirected to the domain beneath my odoo database is installed, lets say: www.steffen-odoo.de

At least as I got it from the odoo eLearning's, documentation and the from the setting available I thought it would work this way. But if I call both of the external domains I always end up at the Homepage of Company A. 

So my question is, is it possible to have the two companies websites up and running this way or do I miss some configurations? Yet I did not changed anything on the URL-Mapping in the Website-App configuration...

Thank you for feedback or help.

Cheers

Steffen

PS: Unfortunately as a newbie in this forum I can not answer to your replys, yet I have not enough credits. But for

Reply 1) I am going to share the customer base between both companies, so it would be better to have both companies in one DB.

Reply 2) Yes, I have set the URLs already right in the beginning, but it does not working as expected. I also thought this would be the solution.

Thank you guys for your answers so far!

Discard

As long as these companies are not related to each other, you should use 2 separate databases and use dbfilter and a proxy server.

Best Answer

You need to Set Up properly your NGINX, here is an old answer from an Odoo Apps Store app, it should be mostly the same config to your nginx server https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-configure-a-multi-website-domain-site-126499

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Steffen:

Try this:

• Activate developer mode.

• Go to Website > Configuration > Websites

• Edit each of your website records and specify the domain name that should point to them in the Website Domain field. 

Discard