This question has been flagged
3 Replies

In the case I don't want a contact being created in the database to avoid overloading my database with irrelevant contacts, I would like to have the opportunity to send an e-mail to the e-mail populated on a lead/opprtunity.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I think true automatization is going to need a studio costumization or development. However, depending on your needs, creating an individual email or creating an email template (for repeated mails) can be a solution. Then, your contacts emails can be copied from a spreadsheet where you keep all the mails of your leads. Unfortunately in that case there is no link between the CRM-ticket and the email you send them, but of course you can set up your CRM-pipe in a way that a certain stage is associated; generates a  to  do,  or  sets  a  reminder  to  send  a certain email / email template. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Barthelemy,

The chatter of Odoo sends email using the email address of the contact associated with the form you are in. So, in the case of an opportunity, if there is a contact related, Odoo will use the address of this contact. If there is no contact related, Odoo will force you to create one and associate it with an email address. 

In other words, what you are asking (not to use the email of the contact but the email on the opp),  would require a change of behavior.

Another option could be to archive such contacts - even make  it  automated  with an action.

Best,

Caroline

Discard
Best Answer

Answer for V.14

Hello!

You can send an email through the chatter of the opportunity without having the contact created, you just need to have the email added to the opportunity.

Discard

Hello, Are you sure that it sends emails without contact creation?