This question has been flagged

Hello,
does anyone know a way how to sell electronic products (software) with odoo via the odoo webshop?

The item is purchased by us, and actually even kept in stock (that would not be mandatory). That is I can not use the service item (there is missing the purchase). Consumables also does not work, because there is a shipping.

Our problem is specifically that even with an electronic article shipping costs are calculated, or there are errors (we use the UPS module) because the article has no weight.

Neither our support person nor odoo directly could help.
Is it possible to create a custom item type (can be purchased, can be sold, no stock, no shipping)?

greetings & thanks
Marco

Discard
Best Answer

Does it depend on the type of the software?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Tom, we use the module "shipping per product" and create "download" as shipping provider. now everything works as expected :-)

Discard

Do you deliver serial numbers. I have stocked items each with there own serial number that I want to email to the customer on purchase. Ideally I would like this to be automatic. I currently use Shopify with FetchApp and it works seemlessly.

Best Answer

Is the software downloaded by customer on purchase?

You can enable this option from Settings > Website > Products > Digital Content

Discard
Author

Unfortunately your answer doesn`t address my question in any way.

My Problem is, that shipping providers like UPS calculate cost based on weight or fix and not at product type (e-delivery). you can set a rule to have 0€ at 0 weight but this doesn`t work if you like to calculate real shipping costs. also this still show different shipping options (e.g. standard, express) on checkout where it makes no sense at e-delivery.

Hi Marco
I have the same issue like you - the option Website >> Products >> Digital Content does just a small part for selling digital goods. You need a kind of new product type and this type has no shipping costs. Even if you have a mixed shopping cart with 1x digital good and 3 other goods - you need to have no shipping costs for the digital good and this should be visible to the customer. Yes E-Commerce is not easy and Odoo has do learn a lot :-)