This question has been flagged
1 Reply

hello guys i have problem to restore 4 gb db (in zip) to my odoo14 in docker, it always got timed out, how can i restore it? thanks

Discard

try restoring it using the pg_restore or see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPURF5my9s

I have no problems with a database of 3.9 GB on a Docker deployment.

Author

Can i know how to do it, dunno when i use this command cat your_dump.sql | docker exec -i your-db-container psql -U postgres, it didnt work on me, its stuck after i enter that command and no process

Best Answer

Try this method 

copy your_dump.sql to docker container ( sudo docker cp your_dump.sql db_docker_name:/your_dump.sql )

then use ( sudo docker exec -it --user postgres db_docker_name /bin/bash ) to get in the container

now you can restore the db by using ( psql your_database_name < your_dump.sql )

Discard
Author

how about the filestore?

all the attachments generated and documents are located in the Odoo filestore per database. Normally it's located in the Odoo running user path

~/.local/share/Odoo/filestore

But you could have a different place for that setted in the config file as data_dir of your Odoo

data_dir = /var/lib/odoo

So if you copy the content of /var/lib/odoo maybe you are having some permissions issues, set the owner for the odoo user again for the copied files just to be sure that Odoo could read it
Just use the ( docker cp ) command to copy your filestore folder on the DB container