This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I want to remove the database selector for other visitors. I have more then 1 database. When I tip the url /web/database/selector it should show all databases that I have. Only when a visitors visit my site the firs time, he should have no selector and be redirected to the normal website.

How I can set this with virtual host in nginx? (https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/1401#issuecomment-84889934)

Discard
Author Best Answer

This is not the answer to my problem.

I want that new visitors don't get redirected to /web/database/selector. 

It should be redirected to a db that is set as primary DB.

But when I tip in the URL /web/database/selector it should show me all my dbs that i have.

Don't work with that dbfilter, when I tip in web/database/selector it shows me only 1 database not all.

I want that when I tip web/database/selector it shows me all my database and when one visitor visit my site it goes to a random database, and not to the selector

Edit: Ok I found a way to clear my issue with Odoo 8 nginx. Contact me for Info.

Solution in Odoo config:

list_db=False
Discard
Author

no help?

Best Answer

For a default database use the --db-filter='<dbname>' in the odoo startup comand. How to do this depends  on the OS you are running. I do run Ubuntu and added the filter to the start function in /etc/init.d/odoo

The filter can not be user dependent, so as a DevOps you must deal with this feature. You can either:

- use the db-filter and create another odoo instance on the same server  for managing the databases or

- you can change the filter and restart the odoo service, execute your database actions and restore your db-filter or

- create another Odoo server (copy the first) for your purpose

Discard