This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi all,

I would like to know how can we manage multiple branches which has their respective warehouses , shops, share the products and inventory under a single company. Their purchase, sales and delivery are completely exclusive with their respective address of branch. No separate chart of accounts, balance sheet and P&L branch wise. All entries are posted in Main companies' accounts.
Is multi-company is the appropriate solution ? or it can be managed by creating shops, warehouse, locations in a single company ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

R muthunaveen

Discard

I also have the same question. I tried to create a branch shop but it was created as a company under "CUSTOMERS". How and where should it be created?

@muthunaveen, did you find a solution? I am stuck with the same problem :(

Did you manage to get a solution to your question of managing multiple branches either in V7 or V8 ?

Best Answer

Hi,

1/ With multi-company you can define your branches as sub-company for your real one company without defining an account chart for each branch (only the head company will have one).

In this case    

• Warehouse for each branch

• Specific report header for each branch

• Entries are posted in Main companies' accounts

• Manage users access for branches as needed

• Get sales analysis by branch

2/ You can simply activate multiple warehouses option without multi-company

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

In Odoo, you can set up multi-branch operations by using the "Multi Branch Operations" module, which is available in Odoo Community and Enterprise editions in the Odoo app Store. This module allows you helps to manage the operations of multiple branches of a single company.

To set up the Multi Branch Operations module in Odoo, you can follow the steps provided in the link you mentioned.

https://www.cybrosys.com/blog/multi-branch-operations-setup-management-with-odoo

This article provides detailed steps on how to create and manage branches in Odoo, including creating branches, assigning employees to branches, managing inventory, and generating reports.

Here is the link to for the app 

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/multi_branch_base/

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

you can activate manage multiple warehouses instead of different company.

go to settings->warehouses-> put tick mark in manage multiple ware houses.

there you can add different warehouses under single company

Discard

I have created multiple warehouses. However, how can I see income and expense (P&L) data at warehouse level ?

@User198605 did you get the solution for this?

Best Answer

Hello,

This would help.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

You can see following for this:

https://youtu.be/GkNgc-fZO-I

Hope it helps,

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Bejaoui,

I have tried your solution without success on Odoo 9.

I have setup a new company. I have linked it to the mother company. I have untick "own account chart". Odoo tels me that I cannot issue an invoice for the daughter company without defining the account chart. I guess I have missed a step. Could you please develop your solution.

Regards,
Adrien.

Discard