This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everybody,

If a user fails to login with three attempt, I want that the administrator will notified and the account blocked one day or the administrator unblock it.

Can I find a module ?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Yug Faa,

as far as I know there is no addon available for odoo to limit the login attempts. I would recommend to protect your odoo as soon as it is available over the internet with fail2ban. This is very easy and I wrote a short explanation (unfortunately on german) on the following page:

https://www.ionas-server.com/blog/fail2ban-schutz-vor-brute-force-angriffen/

It is very easy to protect odoo with fail2ban.

1) find the log file that logs the login attempts. I use nginx and I told nginx to write everything to a log file: access_log /var/log/nginx/odoo-access.log;

2) create a filter

3) activate the filter

4) if you have a static ip: use the possibility to "ignoreIP" your own ip.

5) restart fail2ban

If you have any questions. Please let me know.

Christoph

Discard

Hi Christoph Any idea about how to create the Fail2ban filter?

Best Answer

I am looking for this as well. Preferably something that can communicate with one or all of the following programs in Ubuntu 12.04 - 14.04:

iptables fail2ban bfd (brute force detection)

With the new v8 with a web facing frontend this will be very important. If it is able to communicate with the above program(s) as well it will allow for setting up rules to completely block the IP from all services (SSH, HTTP, etc.) if necessary.

Discard
Author

We can developp a module because we can catch the IP and other data, for me I search if someone has already integrate this feature. a module can do this.