This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I downloaded the exe file from odoo download page for odoo 13 community version. After installing the odoo its work fine and also with third party modules. But am unable to install some third party modules which has some external python dependency.

The location of odoo is c:/Program Files (x86)/Odoo 13.0/

While installing odoo, odoo will install a default python for running the odoo.

The location of python of odoo is c:/Program Files (x86)/Odoo 13.0/python/

Odoo uses the above mentioned python for its working. So we need to install the external python dependency to the above mentioned python.

I installed a separate python using the exe file of python, and installed pip and become able to install the python dependency. But its not working in odoo, because odoo uses its on python for its working.

So we have two work flow to achive this. First, we must find a way to install the external python dependency to the python which odoo uses. Second we need to find a way to change the python of odoo to the python which is installed separately.

If anyone has any idea to do this kindly help. If there is any other ways for installing the external python dependency you are always welcome to mention it here. The external python dependency which i tried to install is pandas. Its same in the case of other python dependencies. If anyone has any idea to do this kindly answer it. Thanks in advance.

Discard

Hello,
is this issue fixed ?
if fixed for windows , please refer me the method or supported links

Best Answer

In folder c:/Program Files (x86)/Odoo 13.0/python/ find the pip3 file from sub folders (I don't know the exact folder name). Then move to the folder from command prompt by using cd. Then execute normal package installation using pip. This will install external python packages under odoo environment. You can find more package installation using pip from internet

Discard

Not working in my case...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 13.0\python\Scripts>pip install Unidecode

Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using '"c:\odoobuild\winpython\python-3.7.4\python.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 13.0\python\Scripts\pip.exe" install Unidecode': The system cannot find the file specified.

Any solution?

Best Answer

Not working in my case too on windows 10...

C:\Program Files\Odoo14\python\Scripts>pip install paramiko

Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using '"c:\odoobuild\winpython\python-3.7.7\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Odoo14\python\Scripts\pip.exe" install paramiko': The system cannot find the file specified.

Please help me to resolve it !

Discard
Author

https://www.cybrosys.com/blog/how-to-install-odoo-in-windows

Kindly refer the link for more information

Tintuk Tomin

-

2 March 2021

https://www.cybrosys.com/blog/how-to-install-odoo-in-windows

Kindly refer the link for more information

Sorry that's don't work!