This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi,

I have a google Apps account with multiple calendar setup (one for each employee with their own mail). On the master google account, all calendar can me updated.

I try to find a solution on forum, but can't find a solution to sync each google account calendar to each odoo user. Notre that user on GoogleCalendar have a domain name different that the domain filled on odoo (my google calendar is setup with mydomain.com extension and mydomain.fr alias) and all odoo account has only mydomain.fr.

Actually, i succesfully sync the master google account to my odoo account. But i haven't find a way to sync my employee calendar with their odoo account.

My unsuccessfully setup to do this, copy my odoo calendar on an employee google calendar... :( Have you a step by step solution?

Thanks

PS : Hope my bad english can be understanded...

Discard
Best Answer

Hello eric and everyone,

I just saw this post and to be honest I was having the same problem and tried to find a solution and eventually I used a trick to resolve this problem,

here is what I did (And it works !),

Just use a single and common google account with the admin profile in odoo database and follow all the steps mentioned in the documentation, creating the credentials and input the client ID and secret in Odoo--> general settings--> Integrations-->Google calendar. Once it is done save the fields and go to the calendar module and click sync with google option the webpage will reroute to the google accounts and once the authentication is done, voila your odoo calendar and Google calendar will be linked together via google API, thanks to google and odoo. Once it is done go to the general settings--> Users & Companies-->Users, select the user (one by one) with whose google accounts you want to link with the Odoo calendar. Now in their users profile you will find Google calendar section among other sections like "Access rights" and "preferences" under the google calendar section you can see some information about the calendar sync and token details if those fields are empty you're good to go or else click reset account and save the page. Now switch to the employee's odoo profile and go to the calendar module, now click sync with google option, the same procedure will follow up, once the rerouting is done for authentication, and for authentication use the employee's google account and sign-in, the exact same procedure should be followed but with the employee's google account not the google account with which you created the API credentials (Client ID and Secret). Once this procedure is done now you will be redirected to the odoo database and now you can create activity using either Odoo database or the google calendar the activity will be co-dependently updated and to view the activity scheduled by your new employee's google account check the "Everybody's calendar" check box in Calendar module. 

It had worked well for me ! and now if you go and check the employee's users profile in general settings you will find some new information in the field of google calendar (Do not disturb the info). And you can enjoy the feature exquisitely ! 

Do contact me if it doesn't work, I will be glad to help !!

Discard
Best Answer

I'm interested in a working solution, too. Any updates over here?

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem. the solution I found was to create an odoo@your_company.fr gmail account and share your meeting with this address/calendar.

If you found a solution at your problem can you post it here? Thanks 

Discard
Best Answer

Did anyone knows the solution for this.?Please share ...

Discard
Best Answer

I experienced the same issue with odoo 8.0.

No more than one user can have the synconization of his/her user calendar. 

A work around can be to use a mobile connector like this one called M1

(Odoo M1 - OpenERP Mobile client for iOS (iPod,iPhone,iPad) is available also on  Google Play).

Andrea

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Eric,

We also had similar requirement, and we were able to achieve the same by following steps mentioned in the below link

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/crm/calendar/google_calendar_credentials.html 

This setup needs to be implemented as admin user.

Once we are done with above configurations, login by another user who's calendar we would like to sync.

Go on Calendar Menu and there is small button at left below calendar dates i.e "SYNC WITH GOOGLE".

Click on the same > It will redirect us to gmail login screen > Login with current users credentials and allow the access to share the Google calendar.

This will update necessary information under Odoo User page for Calendar tab.

Hope this resolves your query, Let us know in case of further any doubts.

Discard