This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I saw in Alpa version of the v8 a commenting tool kind of function but now in the official v8 release I cannot find it from the Customizing of the Website menus. How is the commenting and interaction supposed to work for Odoo Blog posts in the official v8 release? 

Discard
Best Answer

You have to be aware that the "Customize" menu changes depending on where you are in the website. If you are on a blog post, it will display options for blog posts. If you are on the events page, it will display options for events.

If you want to activate the comments on a blog post, you need to go to that specific blog post first, then go to the Customize menu and select "Allow blog post comments" if you want comments at the bottom of the post, or "Allow comments in text" if you want inline comments with a green icon when you hover a paragraph. Feel free to try, you can uncheck the option if you don't like it.

Discard
Author

Yes indeed, why do you have to Sign in first! you should be able to do it without that too or is there a certain logic behind this approach?

Author

"Allow comments in text" actually works pretty ok for the purpose I was looking for. The e-mail address is conveyed as a Customer in the backend, this is obviously how it's designed. Another option would have been to generate a Lead from the comment . Appreciate your help!

If we take the odoo business hacks posts as an example it seems that comment in text only works intermittently - some paragaphs you can comment on by hovering, some you cannot. This is evidently not the intended behaviour so must be a bug.

Best Answer

The only problem at the moment is that commenting is only for registered users. As I was told by Odoo a few days ago.

Discard
Best Answer

To enable commenting and reply for a Website blog post, you first need to https://drift-hunters.com create a new account on the website.

Discard