This question has been flagged
9 Replies

hi,

please tell me how to change date format for email templates yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy format.

i changed the date format from settings->Translations->Languages but email template dates have no change and show dates in same old/default format yyyy/mm/dd.

Can anyone help me. Thanks!

Discard

Hey I am looking for the answer as well. Did you get any solution for this?

Hello, I am looking also for the answer.

Best Answer

You can try with something like:

${format_tz(object.date_invoice, tz='UTC', format='%d-%m-%Y')}

Discard

Perfect fit with V11. Thanks

Best Answer

There is the email_template_dateutil module in OCA/server-tools:

https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/tree/7.0/email_template_dateutil

This module adds the format_date filter in the email template environment, and can be used like this:

${object.date_invoice|format_date("%m/%d/%Y")}

${object.some_datetime|format_date()}

This will use the current user's timezone by default, or the server timezone, or you can pass in your own timezone.

Discard

Module tested and it works perfectly with any date and time format !!

Best Answer

SIMPLE:

We Know the date format output by: ${object.date_invoice} (or any other date) in Email Templates is: YYYY-MM-DD.

We also know that Python sees the value as a string. Use the built in split() method to output each part of the date like so:

For DD-MM-YYYY formatted date:

Replace: ${object.date_invoice}

With: ${object.date_invoice.split('-')[2] + '-' + object.date_invoice.split('-')[1] + '-' + object.date_invoice.split('-')[0]}

No extending classes or writing custom modules!!

Discard

the problem with this, that you change to format. But you ignore if you are in a different timezone as UTC

I tried the above syntx in Odoo8 and it didn't work. But the following worked nicely: ${object.x_date_livraison.split('-')[2]}/${object.x_date_livraison.split('-')[1]}/${object.x_date_livraison.split('-')[0]}

Best Answer

I like it though... In my case Format was YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss Just wanted DD-MM-YYYY So ${(object.date.split('-')[2]).split(' ')[0] + '-' + object.date.split('-')[1] + '-' + object.date.split('-')[0]}

Discard
Best Answer

You can find more details on the template language at http://jinja.pocoo.org/docs/dev/templates/#builtin-filters

Discard
Best Answer

This worked for me in V13

${format_datetime(object.date_from, tz=object.employee_id.tz, dt_format='dd.MM.YYYY')}

Discard
Best Answer

Oke, can you give an example of extending an object by a openerp module?

Because I would really like, to follow the correct way.

Discard
Best Answer

Only editing the template is not possible to fix this. Not only the format is wrong even the timezone is alway UTC and this is confusing if your are outside UTC.

A workaround is to defined a new field as function:

def _get_date_for_email(self, cr, uid, ids, field_name, arg, context=None):
        reads = self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context)   
        result = {}     
        for obj in reads:        
            utc = datetime.strptime(obj.date, '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S').replace(tzinfo=pytz.timezone('UTC'))
            #FIXME: can we read timezone from context?            
            #if 'tz' in context:            
            #    to_zone = tz.gettz(context['tz'])
            #else:
            to_zone = tz.gettz('Europe/Berlin')
            meeting_date = utc.astimezone(to_zone)
            #TODO: Make formating here
            result[obj.id] = "%s" % meeting_date
        return result

_columns = {
        'date_for_email' : fields.function(
            _get_date_for_email,
            type='char',
            readonly=True,
            string='Date Formated'),
    }

Maybe we need a more generic solution of this. The OpenERP Support offer me to develop a private patch but not merging to stable. I think a small community module should be the best way. So we will work on this.

Discard

Hallo Markus Thank you first for your trouble. At this solution, I am also interested. Sorry, but I do not know where I need to insert this code, or how I should use. Could you perhaps give here a small guide or help? Best thanks.

You need to extend the object which the email report is used. Like sale.order and write a addon which extends this object.

Oke, how can we extend the object so the email template is using the correct date syntax?

do we have to change the add-ons/email_template/email_template.py file for this?

No we extend the object by a openerp module, no core hacks involved

Oke, can you give an example of extending an object by a openerp module?

Because I would really like, to follow the correct way.

Best Answer

I opened a bug about this on github:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/1108

Discard