This question has been flagged

I want to close a fiscal year in one database and generate opening entries, then I want to carry forward opening balances for all the partners, taxes and products in a freshly created database. Please if anyone have a solution to it help me here. Its very urgent. The basic idea is to keep the data of each fiscal year separately.

Discard
Best Answer

There is no automated process, so the steps you will need to do in the new database are: - create the chart of accounts - suggest you export from instance 1 and import to instance 2 so ids etc the same - export and import products - export and import customers - create the opening journal entry - relatively straight forward apart from debtors/creditors assuming you want these at an invoice level. For these you will need to either journal in separately or create the invoices & then reverse the created GL entries

Frankly, the real answer is not to do this - i,e, why are you trying to do something that adds no business value. All the data is reportable by fiscal year so I can't see any benefit.

Anyway, good luck

Discard