This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have a sale order and it is invoiced for 95%. That si done in 3 partial invoices. Now the last 5% isn't going to be invoiced anymore. So i want to cancel the sale order. But that is not possible. Is there a way to do this?

Discard
Best Answer

If the invoice are not confirmed, go in invoice section and delete the invoices. Now you can delete your order.

Discard
Best Answer

You should probably create an invoice for the last 5% and process a payment for $0 to fully reconcile the open balance. This way you can write off the amount to an account to keep track of it and close the order.

Discard
Author

If i do that is will be turnover and that is not what i want. I just don't want to invoice anymore, as agreed with customer. So salesorder is ready, but i can't change status.

What is the reason the last 5% won't be invoiced? Were all the products/services delivered?

Author

Thank for thinking with me. Project is canceld or less hours needed. We agreed on that 95% is enough. It are only not delivers services.

If you are billing for projects, it is better to create a contract first. Then you create a sales order (from the contract) and then an invoice for each bucket of hours you complete and are authorized to charge the client for. If the project is cancelled or less hours are needed, then you just cancel the contract.

Author

I know that i can make a contract. But sometimes we have a fixed price of 100%. After invoicing 95% we sit with customer and we agree that last 5% is not invoiced, because less work is done. But i have no way to get the sale order in done state. Any ideas?

You can have a fixed price in a contract of 100%. You can create a sales order for 30% and invoice it. You can create another sales order for 65% and invoice it. You just cancel the contract and have no sales order to cancel.