This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

I am successfully receiving paypal payments for purchases done through eCommerce. The system registers the payment under settings - Payments - Payment Transactions with the status done. Further the actual payment record gets logged against the Sales Order (you can click on the relevant payment at the very bottom.)

I need Odoo to go a little further:

1. Don't mail out the sales order to a retail client
  2. Create and validate the invoice in Odoo (upon IPN received)
  3. Set the invoice to 'paid' against a chosen account
  4. Mail the invoice to the client with a status 'paid'

Since I am selling digital goods the manual registration of client payments is actually not an option. My clients will expect an instant delivery of goods after the payment.

How do I configure the above?

Thanks!

Discard

Does the IPN actually create a Payment Transaction record? In my testing, it only tries to match the IPN data with an existing record: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/what-is-the-intended-function-of-the-paypal-ipn-handler-67458

Best Answer

Hi Frank,

A fellow Ozzie I see - Don't supose you are in Adelaide?
Did you work this issue out as I am going through a similar process but in my case it is just to eliminate several un-necessary clicks

Tim

Discard
Best Answer

I've made module website_sale_autopay. It just emulates clicking buttons "create invoice" -> "Validate" -> "Register Payment" -> "Select paypal" -> "Pay"

https://github.com/yelizariev/addons-yelizariev/tree/8.0/website_sale_autopay 

Thanks Tim Norton for sponsoring =)

Discard

Is there a module doing the same for emailed quotation? I think website_sale_autopay is for the ecommerce sale. Wondering if the paypal button in the emailed quotations can do the same as website_sale_autopay.

Best Answer

Has this been patched in Odoo v9?

Currently, Odoo sends my customers an email telling them to pay via the Portal - even after they've paid successfully via PayPal. I've had several very confused emails..

Payments are being received, but Odoo isn't updating the order. I know it's possible to manually invoice each order, but I'm at work most of the day and customers expect their payments to be correctly registered immediately.

Discard