This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When support hero answers to a client, they like to attach an existing document from the "knowledge" document store, e.g. a manual or data sheet. I see, however, only a "attach file" link, which allows to attach an external file. Is there a way to attach existing documents from the knowledge management?

(Btw. when sending file attachments, the attachments seem to be copied to the database again and again. If several customers have similar questions and ask for the same data sheet or manual, I don't want to fill up the database with these documents.)

The same question for other objects: When I attach a document to a task, a lead, or any other object, I might want to re-use a previously used document. How to do that?

Discard
Best Answer

at the moment, there is no way to refer to same attachment again and again due to limitation of current architecture.

Cheers,

Parthiv

Discard

it is suggested that on top of current attachment model, create a new document model which can be referenced by other objects and have extra workflow backed status control mechanism

Best Answer

In other Words File Management in OpenERP does NOT deserve the name "Management" it's only a very simple file store for object attachments - that's it.

I ripped halve of my hair out as i tried to "really" work with webdav - way to slow -

then i tried ftp - not working at all until i figured out that it will only work in a non multithreaded instance (workers=0) -

then i was thinking what is a File Management worth if you can't even use the Files in the Application itself - like as an attachment for E-Mails ... Come on OpenERP you should do better than that or stop talking about a file "management" system!

Discard