This question has been flagged

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if Odoo has the option of adding dynamic (sometimes called Cascading or Dependent) dropdown to the website frontend for choosing product variants based on previous dropdown selection.

Example of a cascading dropdown: 

https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/dropdownlist/cascadingdropdownlist

The issue is that if you have a product with many attributes but only some of the combinations are valid variants, the customer will very often not be able to choose a valid combination.  

Thank you for any help you can give me.  

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Alek,

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I tried using the variant exclusion feature but that feature becomes unusable with items that have many variant combinations and have lots of exclusions.  

I opted to break my items up into single items and just deal with the extra work of duplicate information spread between items.  It's not an ideal solution but it will work until I can create a module that allows me to share common "blocks" of information between items.  Then, I will create a "block" and assign it to the relevant items.    That is also not a perfect solution since the "blocks" can become difficult to assign and manage, but it's better than having duplicate information.

I'm hoping that somebody has already created or will create a product block/snippet/chunk type of app that will serve this purpose, but so far, I have not been able to find one. 

Discard

Hi Marty,

I'm having the same problem. The idea of exclude attributes doesn't convince me, there are more unavailable combinations than the ones we need. In odoo v14, There is an option to select which product configuration should be used (normal and matrix configurator), maybe with development exist a way to append custom configurations on this selection (see screenshot ).

https://i.imgur.com/NUthD6L.png

Best Answer

Hi there!

Did you find what you were looking for?

1 option is is to exclude some variants

Discard