This question has been flagged
5 Replies

How to add an image/a screenshot in a task description

Discard
Best Answer

When you are in the form view of the task, click on Edit button.

In the description you should have the toolbar panel. 

Left to the "undo" icon, there is the "file/image" icon that will open a popup where you will be able to upload files

Discard
Best Answer

Since we almost always include many screenshots from the clipboard in tasks and support tickets (mach 1, then 2, then 3), it is almost not feasible for us to additionally:

1. save each picture additionally on PC + give name to it

2. then upload it

3. post in the article

If there are no plans to implement this feature again in v15 (like Atlassian, Microsoft & co have), I would be interested if anyone has tested apps as a workaround to this already?

Thanks, David

Discard

That is a shame that we can not do that. It was in older version and in my opion should be in new one to.

using /image is too slow = too many steps and involves saving clipboard to local disk.

Anyone knows how to fix that?

Best Answer

There are 3 way you can add an image:

1. Copy the image then paste to the description.

2. You can find an image icon in upper right corner. You can click edit button first.

3. type "/image" 

Discard
Best Answer

The ideal functionality here would be able to copy/paste images directly into the description of a task without having to save/upload it.

I did a small amount of testing here:

- Copy/paste from snip & sketch does not work

- Copy/paste of a .jpg from another tab in Chrome sometimes works e.g. (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Cat03.jpg/481px-Cat03.jpg)

Someone else may be able to figure why this is and develop a working process.

The simplest solution that I found was to simply paste the images (or drag and drop) directly into the chatter of the task

Discard
Author Best Answer

Type / in your description and then choose for image and download one from your device. 

"/image"

Discard