This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

I'm trying to add small add-ons/apps (not sure which they are classed as), but the server is hosted by a third party

1. is this even possible?
  2. If so, how do I do this?
  3. The listing has a 'support cost', based on the number of coded lines, is this a required cost or is it optional? 

The first one I'm looking at is the 'Delivered qty percent on sale order' by Init Co. Ltd., this is hopefully a simple, low cost addition that will help our internal processes. Depending on the answers for the above, I would then be looking at larger scale additions in the future.

Discard
Author

Hi Walnut Software,
1. Apologies, by Third Party, I mean pressing Apps at the top of this screen, then at the bottom of that dropdown, selecting Third Party Apps. The domain in which I'm searching for these is apps.odoo.com
2. I don't believe I have access to the server itself, this is dealt with by an outsourced IT solutions company.
3. Thank god for that, makes it a lot easier to justify costings to our MD :D

Best Answer

Hi,

1. Yes its possible to install third party in on premise odoo instance. Not sure what exactly you meant by third party, if it is cloud providers like Google Cloud, AWS etc its fine.

2. There are a lot of resource available about this over the cloud. Steps is as follows. 

* copy the module to server
   * add in the addons path

* restart the odoo service 

* install the module in the database

3. No its not needed

Thanks & Regards

Walnut Software Solution

Discard
Author

Hi Walnut,
I'm now able to reply to comments, so I've copied my previous response in case this notifies you:
Hi Walnut Software,
1. Apologies, by Third Party, I mean pressing Apps at the top of this screen, then at the bottom of that dropdown, selecting Third Party Apps. The domain in which I'm searching for these is apps.odoo.com
2. I don't believe I have access to the server itself, this is dealt with by an outsourced IT solutions company.
3. Thank god for that, makes it a lot easier to justify costings to our MD :D